Our Commitment to Health & Safety
As always, our practice takes every precaution to keep patients and staff safe and healthy. While we have always adhered to and exceeded the standards for decontamination set by OSHA, we are going one step further and incorporating the latest CDC guidelines.
The Measures We Are Taking To Protect Our Patients
We ask you to keep the following in mind prior to and during your appointment:
- Many of you have waited a long time for your appointment. We’ll do our best to see you as quickly as possible. Initially, we won’t be able to see as many patients per day as usual to allow for proper physical distancing and extra time for new disinfection procedures. As soon as we have an opening date, we’ll reach out to schedule an appointment.
- Social distancing protocols are in place. Both the Fresno and Clovis offices are open all week to reduce the number of people in each office daily. We’ll ask some Fresno patients to have their next visit in Clovis so we can see you sooner.
- Please don’t bring extra people to the office. Siblings should stay home or in the car, if appropriate. Parents will be asked to stay in the car as often as possible, but we can accommodate one parent in the office if need be. Please send your child in with their cell phone if they have one. We will ask them to use their phone to call you during the appointment so Dr. Greg or Dr. Nicole can give you an update.
- We will ask you a series of COVID-related questions during the confirmation call (via text or email), and again when the patient arrives. A team member will greet you at the front door and complete a pre-appointment screening. If you have a temperature > 100.4 or other COVID-19 symptoms, we will reappoint you out 2-3 weeks for the safety of patients and staff. We are screening all staff members with the same questions each morning and taking temperatures as well.
- When you arrive, please wait in your car and call or text to let us know you’re here. Once we are ready, we will text you to let you know to enter the office. The parking lot will serve as the reception area temporarily.
- Unfortunately, the game room is temporarily closed, as are water, coffee, and ice cream services.
- Please wear a mask at all times in the office.
- During check in, we will ask you to sanitize your hands. To reduce aerosols, we ask that you brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment. We’ll provide an antimicrobial mouth rinse for you to use before your appointment.
- We will not be able to accommodate walk-in appointments. All appointments must be scheduled with our office directly. If you have a comfort issue after-hours, please text “On Call Help” to (559) 432-7100.
- Online video appointments are available. For your next visit, we may recommend an online video appointment rather than an office visit. This works well for periodic observation, some appliance checks, and retainer checks. During these visits, you will still speak directly with Dr. Nicole or Dr. Greg, as well as a member of our clinical team.
How We Are Protecting the Safety of Our Staff & Doctors
We are taking additional steps toward ensuring the safety of our staff.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be used. At this time, the biggest difference you will see is a face shield during procedures that produce aerosols. As always, universal precautions will be followed.
- We are taking extra time to disinfect all surfaces in the office.
- Even though our procedures may appear different than before, our office will always remain the same friendly, fun, easy-going place. Underneath all the PPE, we are still the same wonderful and caring NalOrtho Team members!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PATIENTS: If you or someone in your household have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and don’t come to the practice. Your doctor may request an online video consultation if you are displaying symptoms.
At Nalchajian Orthodontics we appreciate the ongoing support from our patients, referring providers, families, and friends. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these measures are put into effect.
For questions or clarification about these measures, please contact us at (559) 432-7100.