Instructions: Mouth GuardBACK
Here are the step-by-step instructions for customizing the fit of your new mouth guard.
- Check the tray in the mouth for fit. Any excess can be trimmed with scissors.
- Heat a cup of water in the microwave for 1½ minutes.
- Drop the tray into hot water for exactly 14 seconds. The tray will contract into a C shape.
- Quickly remove the tray and carefully shake off the hot water. Once it is cool enough to touch, press the tray firmly over the teeth and gums.
- Lightly bite into the tray and use your fingers to mold the tray around your teeth and gums. Remove it when it cools and becomes firm, about 1–2 minutes.
Learn more about the procedures we offer, our practice philosophy, and get started on your journey to a healthier life through oral surgery.