Congratulations on your decision to start Invisalign treatment. It is critical to wear your aligners as instructed to ensure a desired outcome. Please follow these instructions for wear and care of your aligners.
- Aligners must be worn 20-22 hours a day to achieve a successful result; only remove them to eat and to brush.
- Brush your aligners 2 times a day to help keep them clean morning and night. During the day all you need to do is just rinse with water before putting then back on.
- We recommend that you start every new set of aligners before bed. Most of the initial movement occurs in the first 12 hours, and it is best to wear them without interruption during this time.
- Prior to starting a new set of aligners, we recommend you consider taking Advil® or Tylenol®. Each new set of aligners is incrementally moving your teeth and may cause some initial discomfort.
- It is very important to use chewies every day for a couple of minutes throughout the day, especially where on the teeth that are experiencing the most movement. This will ensure the best fit.
- Do not drink anything other than water with aligners in.
- Aligners should be worn for a minimum of 1 week before changing to the next set, unless otherwise instructed by the doctor.
- Your aligners cannot handle much heat! Be careful not to leave your aligners in the sun or car on a hot day, and never place your aligners in hot or boiling water to clean or sterilize them.
- Keep aligners away from dogs; they love chewing on aligners.
- Note that not every aligner is cut exactly the same. There may be a rough patch on the edge of an aligner or an area where the aligner puts too much pressure on your gum tissue. Please let us know so we can help you achieve a comfortable fit.
- Save all of your aligners. Please do not discard used aligners. We may need them if at some point aligners are not tracking well. Save them at home, and keep them organized in their original bags.
- Bring all your used and new aligners to your appointment if aligners are not fitting well.
- If you notice any of your attachments off, you MUST bring template bag.
- When aligners are not in your mouth place aligners in your case to keep them safe.
Learn more about the procedures we offer, our practice philosophy, and get started on your journey to a healthier life through oral surgery.