Here are the step-by-step instructions for customizing the fit of your new mouthguard.
- Check the tray in the mouth for fit. Any excess can be trimmed with scissors.
- Heat a cup of water in the microwave for 1½ minutes.
- Drop the tray into hot water for exactly 14 seconds. The tray will contract into a C shape.
- Quickly remove the tray and carefully shake off the hot water. Once it is cool enough to touch, press the tray firmly over the teeth and gums.
- Lightly bite into the tray and use your fingers to mold the tray around your teeth and gums. Remove it when it cools and becomes firm, about 1–2 minutes.